Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Smile

"Smile, because you have someone who loves you and wants to start a family with you.  And that is something some people will never have."

That is how a fertility doctor concluded a recent informational meeting that we attended.  What he said is so true.  Given our circumstances, it's easy to focus on the negative.  But the fact is, given the choice between having a baby or spending the rest of my life with my husband, I would choose my husband.  Because we are best friends.  Because he has been there for me through thick and thin.  Because even when our kids grow up and move away, it will be just the two of us again.  I need to choose EVERY DAY to be THANKFUL for what I have.  And to trust in God's plan for our life.  And to choose hope.

Happy anniversary, Doug.  It's been an amazing 8 years!

5 comments:

  1. You two are blessed and so perfect for each other. That's more than a lot of people can ever hope for.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, this one made me choke up. Our husbands are def invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth, Tiphani! We are both blessed!

    ReplyDelete