Friday, March 22, 2013

37 Weeks Milestone

37 Weeks


We've reached a major milestone this week.  I am now considered full-term at 37 weeks.  I have been blessed with an easy and healthy pregnancy.  After all that we have been through to get pregnant, my fear was that there would be complications, or worse, miscarriage.  I know this is the sad reality for many women who struggle with infertility.

I hope that if you are struggling with infertility that my story has provided some comfort and hope.  I know everyone's journey is different, and not everyone will choose the path we chose, but there are many options out there for starting a family.  Hopefully this blog has provided some insight and perspective into In Vitro and other ARTs.

If you do not personally struggle with infertility, I hope that this blog has shed some light on a subject that is often hidden in the shadows.  Before it was our journey, I had never really given it any thought.  Now I see so many who are going through the same or similar struggles.  Please be aware of the many people in your life that are or may be struggling with the pain of infertility. 

And while I am so so blessed with the life that has been given to us, it is sometimes nerve wracking to think about "next time".  Will there be a next time?  Will we only have one child?  What about miscarriage or failed IVF?  We are so thankful for the child that we have been blessed with.  She is truly a miracle, and we can't wait to meet her.  The "what-ifs" will just have to wait, or quiet down altogether. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that this journey has been "fruitful" for you two (and the rest of our family). I know that it has been difficult, and scary. But you have handled it so well, and your strength has been inspirational.

    To say that infertility isn't well understood is an understatement. Even those who have suffered with it can be insensitive to the "trials of trying," because we have all been programmed to believe that no one really goes through fertility issues.

    By sharing your experience, you have helped shed some light on the journey for those who feel alone, and for those who have never thought of fertility through any lens but their own. I'm so proud of you for doing this!

    I love you and I admire you!

    ReplyDelete