Monday, July 16, 2012

This Crazy Week

So, I keep trying to upload some videos, but with no success.  Ah, well.

Well here's the update.  We are in full swing with the IVF process.  I've been on Lupron since June 7.  I started the gonadotropins (say that five times fast) last weekend (July 7).  Basically, gonadotropins are hormones that make many eggs mature in my body, rather than just one.  Right now, the doctor thinks I have between 6 and 8 eggs that are the right size.  They are all on my right side.  He said that there may be some on the left, but he can't see them.  Some women have up to 20 eggs.  The more the merrier, as far as eggs go!  So he's been monitoring my progress almost every day through ultrasounds and blood work, and while it's not all perfect, so far so good!

Tomorrow, we go in for another ultrasound to make sure things are still progressing.  Hopefully, they will have me do the HCG shot (another hormone that basically finalizes the maturation of the eggs).  Then I get a day off on Wednesday, and then they should be doing the egg retrieval on Thursday!  It's so crazy that this is finally our week!

We are really praying that this is successful, and that we would be blessed with a child.  Thank you all for your kind words, and prayers, especially.  I will try to keep this blog updated, and hopefully will have good news soon!


3 comments:

  1. You are in our prayers! Really really hoping the best for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited! I know that God has you in His hands.

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a long journey, and I am glad that things are going smoothly at this point. Gonadotropins!

    ReplyDelete